Covid-safe behaviour on campus
When on campus, we expect students to adhere to government guidelines and to use their common sense to help everyone stay safe in the learning environment.
Being on Campus
In every effort to help stop the spread of infections of Covid-19 in our community, Dartington Trust is an Enhanced Response Area and we will continue to maintain vigilance in the observance of the following rules:
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms or a positive test result, do not come to the estate.
- Wear a mask in all teaching settings, and when on the move in indoor settings such as corridors and communal areas (medical exemptions apply).
- Observe social distancing (2 meters where possible).
- Organised gatherings should be outdoors or in well ventilated areas.
- Maintain hygiene measures such as handwashing and surface sanitisation.
- Continue to use the NHS Test & Trace app.
- Take a LFD test before arriving on the estate and twice weekly thereafter.
- Regularly check your temperature using the non-contact infrared thermometers located around the estate (entrance to Higher Close, Lower Close and Craft Ed).
Please be aware that these government requirements can and do change at short notice.
Living on Campus
If a student has Covid symptoms, they must self-isolate immediately – we recommend you return home if you can do so safely and without using public transport. It is important that if you are symptomatic that you take a PCR test as soon as possible.
If someone in your shared accommodation has symptoms, you must self-isolate unless you are fully vaccinated (with the second dose received a minimum of 14 days before) – please follow UK Government guidance.
Tell us immediately if you are self-isolating as a close contact or because you are symptomatic or have a positive PCR or LFD test result. You can contact the Covid-19 reporting hotline between the hours of 8am and 8pm on 01803 847019.
We encourage you to get vaccinated before you study with us or as soon as possible in preparation for joining the learning community.
If you are an international student, when you arrive at Dartington, we recommend that you register with a local GP. All students should be aware that there are local vaccination centres and if you have yet to receive your first or second dose we encourage you to make an appointment.
If you need to take time away from your studies in order to be vaccinated, or to recover, you will be able to submit an Extenuated Circumstance Claim, which if approved will provide you with a 10-day extension for any course work submissions.
our commitments to you
- Our Health & Safety Manager has conducted Trust-wide risk assessments.
- Our Covid Task Group meets weekly to review the maintenance of our learning environment and apply risk mitigations to ensure student safety.
- We will ensure we listen to any concerns that you may have.
- We will increase the frequency of our cleaning in student work spaces and communal areas.
- There are non-contact infrared thermometers, hand sanitiser, disinfectant spray and paper towels available in communal areas across the Estate.
- We regularly review Government guidance and other areas of best practice and update our risk assessments on a regular basis.