We are very pleased you will be joining us at Dartington as part of your residential learning experience. As we are actively preparing for your arrival, we wanted to share a few things for you to consider as you plan your journey and what to expect when you get here.
Below, you’ll also find important information about Welcome Week, during which you’ll acclimatise yourself with our campus, things to bring with you, and what to do if you’re eating on site.
For information about Covid-19, including getting vaccinated, visit our Student Health pages.
We recognise there are currently no red list restrictions in place for travel to England. All travellers must be aware of the changing guidance for the UK before they travel. The latest UK government guidance can be found here.
Student check-in is usually at the Welcome Centre, but can sometimes be in other locations depending on where your accommodation is situated. Bedrooms are available from 3pm on your arrival day unless an early arrival is agreed in advance. The team will be in touch ahead of your arrival to advise of any specifics that you will need to know.
Students should inform Student Accommodation (email@example.com) of any date changes to their arrival on the estate so they can be appropriately supported by the team.
On the day of your arrival, a member of the team will be on hand to show you to your accommodation and help you get settled in.
Late arrivals – Please note that any arrivals after 8pm will need to be agreed in advance as our Accommodation Office is open 8am–8pm daily.
The Welcome Week is an essential schedule of events designed to introduce and induct you to the key things you need to know so that you can confidently embark on your study.
You will meet and get to know students and staff on your programme and also have the chance of meeting the wider community and engaging in different social activities.
For welcome week dates, please refer to the appropriate course page. The schedule will be emailed to enrolled students usually two weeks prior to Welcome Week.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: checklist
If you’re about to join us on campus for the first time, take a look at our checklist of things to remember to bring.
tap to view checklist
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: ‘ESSENTIAL TO BRING’
- Personal hand sanitiser to carry with you
- Personal face coverings (at least 3 reusable masks; one to wear, one to wash, one to dry)
- Any medication you might need during your stay
- A mug or travel cup which we recommend you wash and reuse for hot drinks
- Water bottle
- Thermometer (to self-monitor)
- Clothes for all weathers – set of waterproofs
- Strong, sturdy boots for work outdoors
- Tough, old work clothes (please do not bring anything which you mind getting damaged, high quality clothing can be ruined by thorns and sparks from bonfires)
- Extension cable with multiple outlets
- Travel adaptor for the UK (if applicable)
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: ‘NICE TO BRING’
- Personal first aid kit
- Wash kit
- Dressing gown (useful if wc/shower is in a shared area)
- Flip flops or slippers
- Warm, casual clothes for the evening
- Work gloves – strong gardening gloves are suitable
- Insect repellent and insect bite remedy
- Sunscreen and sunhat
- Meditation cushion or yoga mat
If you are staying in Dartington accommodation during your on-site learning, your meals are included. You don’t need to do anything!
If you are a non-residential student, you must order and pay for any meals you need and tell us about any dietary requirements you may have. Please complete your meal bookings in advance via our food order form. Bookings close at midnight on Thursdays for the following week.