We are very pleased you will be joining us at Dartington as part of your residential learning experience. As we are actively preparing for your arrival, we wanted to share a few things for you to consider as you plan your journey and what to expect when you get here.
Firstly, the current Covid-19 situation means that there are a range of things you need to know before you arrive on campus. We’ve put together a dedicated section for our learning community filled with guidance and support for this time of Covid. It includes important information about your journey and what to expect on arrival. INSERT LINK
Below, you’ll also find important information about Welcome Week, during which you’ll acclimatise yourself with our campus, things to bring with you, and what to do if you’re eating on site.
On the day of your arrival, a member of the team will be on hand to show you to your accommodation (if you are staying with us) and help you get settled in. We have live-in volunteers onsite who are also on hand to help you get settled and to welcome you to the Dartington Community!
Student check-in is usually on the Saturday prior to your course starting, with arrival between 1-6pm; however, we can accommodate alternative arrival days with advanced notice. Please note that any arrivals after 8pm will need to be agreed in advance as our Accommodation Office in only open 8am–8pm daily.
The Welcome week programme is designed to introduce you to the key things you need to know so that you can confidently embark on your study. You will meet staff and also have the chance of meeting each other both in large groups and in smaller subject settings. The detailed schedule will be emailed to enrolled students and available on the VLEs (please see Online Learning, below).
Welcome Week dates
September 2021 start programmes: Tue 14 – Fri 17 September
January 2022 start programmes: Mon 3 – Fri 7 January
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: checklist
If you’re about to join us on campus for the first time, take a look at our checklist of things to remember to bring.
tap to view checklist
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: ‘ESSENTIAL TO BRING’
- Personal hand sanitiser to carry with you
- Personal face coverings (at least 3 reusable masks; one to wear, one to wash, one to dry)
- Any medication you might need during your stay
- A mug or travel cup which we recommend you wash and reuse for hot drinks
- Water bottle
- Thermometer (to self-monitor)
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: ‘NICE TO BRING’
- Personal first aid kit
- Clothes for all weathers – set of waterproofs
- Strong, sturdy boots for work outdoors
- Tough, old work clothes (please do not bring anything which you mind getting damaged, high quality clothing can be ruined by thorns and sparks from bonfires)
- Wash kit
- Dressing gown (useful if wc/shower is in a shared area)
- Flip flops or slippers
- Warm, casual clothes for the evening
- Work gloves – strong gardening gloves are suitable
- Insect repellent and insect bite remedy
- Sunscreen and sunhat
- Meditation cushion or yoga mat
If you are staying in Dartington accommodation during your on-site learning, your meals are included. You don’t need to do anything!
If you are a non-residential student, you must order and pay for any meals you need whilst you are on-site in advance via our food order form.