Open Day: Travel Bursary Application
We know that visiting an Open Day is an important part of the decision-making process for many. To help make this easier, for our next Undergraduate Open Day on 14 May, we are offering up to 20 Travel Bursaries up to £80 to help pay for your travel expenses to be able to attend in person.
Check out the information below to see how much you can claim to cover the cost of travelling to visit us, and we look forward to welcoming you soon.
The below list shows what you could claim on travel costs:
- 0-50 miles: up to £20
- 50-150 miles: up to £40
- 151-250 miles: up to £60
- 251 miles and above: up to £80
If driving, you can claim 45p per mile up to 120 miles and then 15p thereafter (up to allocated mileage bursary)*.
*Travel costs are calculated on the distance travelled to the Dartington estate only (one way) as recommended by Google maps. Please bring proof of address to claim.
What do I need to do?
- Register online for the in person Open Day – free registration page can be found here.
- Fill out our Travel Bursary application form below (first come, first served)
- Book your travel and keep your receipts
- Fill out an expenses form at the Open Day reception and hand in to a member of staff, along with any relevant receipts before you leave
- Payment will take approximately 6 weeks to show up in your account
- The Travel Bursary is only available for journeys directly to and from the Dartington estate, Devon.
- The Travel Bursary does not include parking costs or accommodation.
- Accepting a Travel Bursary does not commit you to attending a course at Dartington Trust. Neither does it guarantee that we will be able to offer you a place, if we have not already done so.
- We can only accept one claim per household.
- All forms must be verified and signed off by a member of Dartington Trust staff on the day you visit. We will only accept claims made on the day of your visit.